Sunday 31 August 2008

Essay crisis

Its the last chance to add to the August blog list -- and I need to get something down urgently or will have only one thing down for the month. But so much to do these days with the gym and the tennis court, the Olympics with success of the oddly named Team GB- did they always call it that or is it some subliminal thing? , the resurgent KP England (good thing I didn't immortalise my great "terrible decision" prediction there for all to read) and now the US tennis to watch (though Murray gets no less annoying). Brief stumble in Nadal worship caused by his very un-Federer like decision to appear on the front of the New Yorker with his shirt off - but am sure it was all in a good cause. On medical front have new physio and new exercises which require me to make my buttocks ache - her words not mine... so my current aim is to be a pain in the backside - or at least to have one.

So that is a whole bunch of excuses - and why the dullest August on record - its official - has actually been quite fun - helped by spending it in Greece and Spain. But the new month;s resolution is to get back to blogging - as the political season gets back from the beach, we limber up for Matt Santos vs whoever Geena Davis played in that Commander-in-Chief thing which seems to have dictated McC's VEEP pick (time for the Hillaristas - I missed where PUMAs came from - to realise views trump gender), the words Alistair Darling and gaffe appear together in a headline for the first ever time.

So I have read a lot; got a bit browner and fitter; made my buttocks ache - but not enough - and am generally feeling like getting back to serious work - until my next holiday on Friday. I will have only worked one Friday since July -- and that feels pretty good. And I have finally cracked using my nice little Defra laptop from home. And this is a portable computer that even I am prepared to lug around - so more "working from home" may be in order.

So new month's resolution - back to serious blogging. The holiday is over.

No comments: