Monday 7 April 2008

Brain numb

and that is after only three and a half days back at work... how is it that being back in the office seems to have deleted all interesting thoughts from my head -- well actually just all thoughts full stop.

But the exciting stuff -- since may have to wait until a bit later to get back into proper blog mode - is that I managed the assault on the north face of my flat - got up in two minutes and even managed a rather scary attempt to plant new maple tree (a present from Civil Service Live! - not sure whether there is an exclamation mark but I feel there should be) on my roof terrace. And, since coming down is even harder than going up, the very good news is that I was no longer there when the snow came down.

Didn't stick around in NHG for the chance to mug Konnie Huq or Tim Henman outside my door or be roughed up by spooky Chinese bouncers in what looked like UN blue. Decided to take refuge in Chichester. But the major development is exponential growth in walking ability. Can now move around my mother's house without crutches (key thing about here is that there is a lot of soft stuff to fall on).

So will continue reduced hours schedule. Have discovered work is quite tiring -- not quite worked out yet why. But sort of good to be back and have more to worry about than whether Federer will ever win another tennis tournament or how the Indians managed to get bowled out before lunch for 76 or whether Angela Lansbury will solve yet another death in Cabot Cove which makes Morse's Oxford or the killing fields of Midsomer look safe(though the former both interesting questions in their own way -- and quite interesting to wonder why Serbia has two of the top three women - while they had to play under bombing raids - and the top British woman is ranked 122.... but then that moves onto the vexed Britishness question of whether the new Tebbit test is to support Andy Murray at tennis when I think he is a boring brat and, as he falls down the rankings, clearly Scottish.)

Am doing the blog on my lunch break (that is in case the thought police are on to me at the moment -- if i were at work I would be sipping a low fat cap in the atrium now). So its back to the grindstone and then the gym where am now using a range of fancy new machines on the lowest imaginable settings.

No comments: